Limited drop points: we have needed to consolidate some of our pick up locations.
Kitsap Fresh Warehouse (5686 NE Minder Rd, #201, Poulsbo)
North Kitsap, 3:30pm – 6pm
Vibe Coworks / Chocmo
Poulsbo, 4pm – 6pm
Bainbridge Island Grange
Bainbridge Island, 4pm – 6pm
Haselwood Family YMCA
Silverdale, 4pm – 6pm
Crane’s Castle Brewing
Bremerton Locations, 4pm – 6pm
Slaughter County Brewing Co.
Port Orchard, 4pm – 6pm
- Sales are limited to Saturdays and Sundays ONLY (no Monday) and can be turned off at any time without prior warning. Our system is limited and so we must also be able to limit order capacity. Be sure to get your order in early!
- Delivery fees have temporarily been increased to $6 per order to cover increased use of supplies & staff time.
- Limited pick-up time window — 2 hrs. This time will be posted when selecting a pick up location and again on your confirmation email. Please be mindful of this when you place your order.
- You will be called for orders encroaching on the 2 hr window. Again, all forgotten orders will be forfeit. Be sure your best contact phone number is listed on your customer profile.
- Monitor Kitsap Fresh Facebook posts for early notifications that your attendant is ready at your location
- Continuation with “no contact” delivery – drive up with your passenger side to the attendant, fully open the passenger side window, assure the seat is clear for the attendant to drop in your order, & state your name.
- Attendants may ask for confirmation of order: such as items in your order, or they may confirm your billing address, so be prepared to offer this information.
There is now an option to “Donate to Kitsap Fresh” in the marketplace, or you can use our “text to donate” program, by simply texting “localfood” to 77948.
Kitsap Fresh has run on a shoestring budget for 5 years now. We are very conscientious of our use, waste and carbon footprint. This challenging time has brought us into a financially challenging period as we have increased usage of supplies, such as paper for invoices, labels and paper bags. We also feel it is important to pay our staff for all hours incurred and all drivers for mileage. We have temporarily increased delivery fees, but this will not cover all expenses. If you are able to donate, know that we sincerely appreciate your offering. Thank you!
Precautions are being taken on every level to ensure safety for all.
- We are limiting workers for our warehouse to ensure safe distancing.
- Hand wash protocols and stations are in place and monitored for usage.
- Producers are dropping off outside our warehouse, with all orders pre-packed by household.
- Eggs will now be included in your order, not separate from the rest of your order.
- All producers are following “Best Practices” and self governance, and they have been instructed to not participate if exposed or with active symptoms. We ask the same of you – do not pick up if you are sick or have been exposed.
This SITUATION IS FLUID and the Board of Kitsap Fresh reserves the right to halt ANY distributions if concerns arise. Operations are decided weekly by the Board.
- The Kitsap Community Food Co-op in Bremerton is offering curbside pick up.
- Programs are being created to assist low income and vulnerable populations to receive fresh food.
- Local food banks are also busy creating alternative systems
- Local farmers are working to create a “direct to consumer” farm sales system. This is still a work in progress, but many farms have already signed up and created online purchasing systems. You can find a list at WSU Small Farms / Kitsap. This information will also be listed on Kitsap Fresh, Kitsap Grown and other sites as they become available. Stay tuned.
There has never been a better time to support your local agricultural systems. Local growers are working very diligently to assure that there is enough food for our communities. Local Food advocates are working to create systems to connect you.
Now is the time to create long lasting relationships, show support, and please, do not forget that when this is all over, your farmers will still be there, growing as much as they can and counting on your support.
Thank you for your support, patience and kind words during this time of re-creation.
If all of us increase our efforts, we can build a sustainable system and heal our planet.