Kitsap Fresh is hiring a new Operations Manager. Please see job description below and submit all requested items by November 1st, 2017 for consideration.
Download a PDF version of the KF Operation Manager Job Description
Position Title: Kitsap Fresh Operations Manager
Organizational Description. Kitsap Fresh is a producer-owned cooperative that operates a year-round online local food market for local growers and customers. The coop provides aggregation and distribution of customer orders every week of the year. Kitsap Fresh is committed to providing a market for local farmers and producers to sell and customers to access source-identified food on the Kitsap Peninsula.
Job Summary. This is an hourly, part-time, paid position with no benefits for up to 20 hours per week starting in December 2017. Pay is dependent on experience. The purpose of this position is to manage all aspects of the Local Food Marketplace software and oversee successful aggregation and delivery of food. The position is also intended to expand Kitsap Fresh by developing key relationships with producers and engage a broader audience of customers. This may include (but not be limited to) developing partnerships with other local food related organizations to leverage expertise, customer bases and funding sources.
Supervision. The Board of Directors will provide support and supervision.
Location. The employee will work remotely on a flexible schedule. The only requirement is to be able to work in Kingston at the aggregation site every Wednesday.
Minimum Education Requirements. A.A. or A.S Degree
- At least four years related work experience in sales, customer service, logistics, and farming or food system-related work;
- Understanding of market demand, consumer preferences, and the food system value chain;
- Direct experience developing and managing complex on-the-ground operations;
- Direct experience with developing and managing farm production plans;
- Experience in sales and marketing with demonstration of graphic design in order to create brochures, fliers, posters, handouts and general display items;
- Proven history of success with detail-oriented work;
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team to meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to manage daily changes in tasks and a work schedule that may change weekly;
- Effective communications, interpersonal skills, and strong writing ability;
- Ability to track orders and sales accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner;
- Knowledgeable in computer software (MS Office, social media, website content development, graphic design, Excel database, Office365);
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license and a valid drivers license;
- Ability to perform varied and repetitive manual labor tasks including manual lifting of boxes between 25 – 50 pounds;
- Agricultural training and experience in multiple aspects of farming is a plus;
- Knowledge of food systems and food hub operations ideal
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage logistics at the main aggregation site, including printing of orders, preparation of coolers and boxes/bags. Receive products from local producers and sort orders in preparation for delivery.
- Organize outgoing product and pack for different pick-up locations and orders on a weekly basis.
- Coordinate logistics for multiple, simultaneous delivery routes. Provide support to drivers who distribution drop-points (Kingston, Poulsbo, Silverdale, Bremerton, Port Orchard) and assist in driving orders as needed on a weekly basis.
- Communicate harvest needs to producers based on inventory and orders placed.
- Perform other online administrative tasks, which could include updating online inventory, tracking payments, invoice generation, etc.
- Oversee food safety tracking and record-keeping systems.
- Organize and manage supplies, including boxes, packing materials, cleaning supplies, and office supplies.
- Refine packing and distribution systems for maximum efficiency.
- Coordinate the purchase and management of other new infrastructure as needed.
- Bring marketing / expansion ideas to the Board of Directors for consideration. Create marketing materials and graphics as needed. Support outreach and fundraising events.
- Update and send out the weekly “Producer Newsletter” and “The Fresh Sheet” for customers.
- Maintain Kitsap Fresh website & social media outlets as needed.
- Work with producers to secure business licenses and other documentation requirements.
- Coordinate/manage outreach and fundraising events; organize annual producer meeting.
- Develop relationships with key/potential local sponsors; seek out collaborations with existing cooperatives/local food related organizations.
- Manage and ensure proper functioning of the local food marketplace software.
- Attend monthly board meetings.
- Process producer payments weekly. Set up new producers in the LFM software.
- Improve systems for onboarding new producer members. Provide orientation to new producers and provide training as needed on pricing, uploading photos, and using the software.
- Perform customer service as needed.
To Learn More. Visit kitsapfresh.org and localfoodmarketplace.com/kitsapfresh.
How to Apply. Interested applicants should send a resume and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1, 2017.
Kitsap Fresh is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.